Monday, July 18, 2011

Sunday, June 22, 2008: Me

I am a wife, a mother, a girl

I sometimes wonder how I got here

I am the master of my fate, the captain of my soul

I am a picker of buttercups and the big bullying daisies

I sleep flat on my back

I like to have my feet in sand

I should go to sleep

I should drink less wine

I have dreamed a dream of happiness. And live it

I love my mother and father and brother

I don't know where I'm going

I want to travel again

I always wish you were here

I live to eat

I love strawberries and cheese and butter and milk and lamb chops

I love the smell of the rain

I think people should be nicer to one another

I believe in peace

I hug trees

I heart the moon

I know the stars are always there

I don't spend enough time with me, alone

I acknowledge that I make mistakes

I adore my husband -- is he real?

I know that my daughters can't possibly be real

I talk to my cat. And he listens

I would love/to/fly. With wings of my own

I think surfing is really really hard

I love snowboarding. In powder

I really really really think it is wrong for bugs to land in my wine and then get into my mouth

I love me. Maybe not my thighs. But they have grown on me over the years

I am growing a great garden. And I'm proud of it

I hate gophers

I have the greatest pair of brown leather boots in the world

I wish it was still easy to find a good shoemaker

I hate people who don't let you merge

I wish my family lived closer

I miss running in the Village

I get really afraid on bridges

I cry when I think about how much my mother loves me

No comments:

Post a Comment