Friday, June 10, 2011

June 9, 2011


garden path


Let me lead you down my garden path
And tell you tales of love and wrath...

Walk with me while sunlight soothes
And tell me all your pithy truths

Did you dream of wealth and power
and ignore the dew on fragile flowers

Or did you rest on bended knee
and understand the strength of trees

Did you breathe the fresh green air
and lead with heart without care

Or sell your soul to Mr. Man
and then go sell his corporate plan 

Where do you stand, and lie your head?
Where Is your place?

What will they say of you when you are dead?
Does your mirror like your face?

I have no tales of wrath to tell
Least not any you know not well
I leave my anger by the way 
and try to smile upon the day
My world hasn't space for greed
Instead it calls me to sprinkle seed
For here in my tangled garden
love and hope and joy and peace
have won.

for photographs that accompany these thoughts click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment